Friday, January 23, 2015

New Blog... Again

So...  Then again I decided to go back to using Blogger.  I do not know why, really.  My first blog was hosted here.   RacsO Ledger, back then when I was still not used to using my actual name, at least online that is.  Short sidestory.  I looked through my posts there and saw how I evolved in a way.   Evolved in terms of how and what I write about.  My preference in films somewhat changed as well.  Still populist, yes, but I guess I explored more.  More than the usual Hollywood fare offerings.  I have also grown to LOVE films coming from the Philippines, where I am from.  Anyway.

I decided to transfer blog host because I wanted my blog to be more personal than it was before.  I tried making my blog personal, but I always end up just writing about movies or about Oscars.  A lot has changed already and I think I have a lot more to write about.  Still predominantly about movies, but just more.

As a start of my new(ish, this is my fourth if I remember it right) blog, I'd like to introduce myself.  I am Carl Joseph Papa.  Yes that really is my name.  Some would know be by my online alter ego, Douglas Racso.  As of this writing I am twenty eight years old and I will be a year older in couple of months.  I'd like to think of myself as a filmmaker, since that was my dream for the longest time.  What's different now than before is that I actually made films.   I made  a handful of animated and live action short films, some of them available someplace online.  Some of  my shorts were shown in some local and international film festivals, in competition and in exhibition.  I made my first feature film last year "Ang 'Di Paglimot ng mga Alaala", a personal project of mine.

But enough about my films.  For now.

I love films and making them.  I also dreamt of becoming a musician when I was in my late teen years.  I think I can sing.  I hope so.  I play the guitar.  Very basic though.  I never got the chance to improve on playing the guitar.  But my mediocre to poor guitar playing skills works for me, so I am happy with that.

What's going to be different?  I promise nothing, but I plan to make it more than just about the movies I see.   I would also like to blog more.  Not just when I feel like blogging.

Anyway.  That's all for now.  More to come then...

No comments: